30 March 2009

The 'Treasures-in-Threads' 2008 Year-End Function

 
The end of another year, and, another great ‘Break-up Party’. On the first Saturday of December, twenty Lovely Ladies gathered to show, chat, eat and be merry; catching up with friends they meet every Wednesday or Thursday during a term.

Tony, my dear husband, does all the grocery shopping in our household, but, for the ‘Break-up Party’ I like to shop and cook everything myself. But, without exception every year I forget to present two or three food items, which I have preciously made and stored in convenient places. The 2008 affair ran true to form. Chocolate fudge (still edible) and Quick Fruit Slice (grey fuss, good for the chickens) were discovered a week after the event. ‘List the items, and, the storage points next time’– I recall telling myself at the end of the year.

It was an especially warm, early summer day, in our part of Victoria, Australia, which led to the Folks gravitating to our backyard where the fruit trees provided my guests with comfortable shade.
Being outside meant being in close proximity to our extended family of Bantams -Sushi(Dark Brahma Bantam), Piper(Light Brahma Standard), Chloe and Emily
(Buff Pikin Bantams), who are the recipient's of a few choice 'tit-bits.They are not great Layers, but then my heart's desire was for 'pretty little chickens with feathers on their feet'

Back to the 'Break-up Party' - everyone looks forward to
the 'Show and Tell Time' - It's Lights, Cameras! and lots of "oohs" and "aahhs" as they all get to see what the Ladies in the other Groups have completed. Although much has been made, and given away as gifts, what makes an appearance is quite impressive and we are reminded afresh of Projects completed earlier in the year. I'm sure the Lovely Ladies wouldn't mind the photos of their 'Show and Tell' items appearing here, but I will get their permission first- Term Two starts on 22 April - before including it in a Slide-Show on this Blog.
  

No comments: