21 April 2009

ART TO WEAR -Opening

Party at Gallery  - Friends, Family and Fashionistas

Presenting my Wearable Art has been a long-held desire. And, everything I’d worked for came together on the Thursday 16 April 2009

The Chapel on Station Gallery, in Box Hill, Victoria, which I chose, had all the ambience that a Solo Exhibitor could hope for – adequate space for Display, a Chapel –light streaming through stained glass-windows- and a Grand Piano!

My Creations on display were categorized as ‘Wraps’ -9 items, Jackets, Dresses & Tops- 15, under the title’ Zingers ’-'fab' thin long scarfs- 15, and, Book-covers aptly titled ‘Little Gems, allowed me the freedom to experiment with another side of my Artistic leaning.

I was over-the-moon to see those little ‘red spots’ placed against items on Opening Night . It also pleased me no-end to see all those who attended the ‘Meet the Artist’ Devonshire Tea on Sunday the 19th

Rather than me ‘hold forth’ – which my dear friends credit me with- grab yourself a ‘cuppa’ (tea or coffee), take a ‘pew’ (seat) and click on the item in LINK LIST which my soldier-in-arms, Tony has manufactured.

I trust all who have supported me through this journey are able to share my Moments of Joy.

My husband and I were fortunate to have the support of Anne & Richard Mallaby, Karen Hayes, our daughter, who provided a stunning bevy of ‘finger-foods’, son, Craig, the official photographer and ‘tickling the ivories’ on the ‘Grand’ was young Liam


Press here too for Images of Opening

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all looks great